Obtain a recommendation
We strongly believe in engaging a service that has been referred to you by a reputable source such as your Conveyancer, real estate agent or someone you know in the building industry. Ensure you take a look at their references and reviews too.
Make sure they’re adequately covered and hold a licence
Review their pricing structure
In our experience, you can expect to pay between $500 and $700 AUD for both inspections to be performed.
What you can expect once you engage a pest and building company
Usually, you, your Conveyancer or real estate agent will put a request through to the chosen company for a report.
What you can expect from your repor
A building and pest inspection report will usually contain the following:
- General property information
- Roof space
- Underfloor space
- Roof exterior
- Overall site
- Site information
- Small retaining walls
- Water drainage
- Stormwater run-off, paths and driveways
- Other important information
- Reason for inspection
- Inspection scope
- Any areas which may not have been inspected and why
- Recommendation for any further inspections
- Summary of the overall condition
- List of any significant problems (everything from termites to wood decay, mould, structural issues, possible non-approved work, not compliant work etc)
What you can expect after the inspection
Things to be wary of
Understanding your report
Whilst not qualified to inspect, your Conveyancer should have enough knowledge to be able to talk you through it and help clarify any unfamiliar terms when reviewing the report.
How can a Conveyancer help?
In our experience, one out of three reports come back with issues and require negotiation. This is where a trusted Conveyancer can help.
Hunter Legal & Conveyancing is here to help
Contact us to find out more about how we can help with your legal and Conveyancing needs today.